This is an important forum! It has ramifications for the very existence of LESTp itself!
Date: 10 April 2015
Time: 4.15pm - 5.45pm
Location: Alan Gilbert Building, G21 (Theatre 1), University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria
This forum will first briefly introduce the Defence Trade Controls Act and the amendments newly proposed by Chief Scientist Ian Chubb’s Steering Group (DTCB 2015) and how they will impact science and technology research. Speakers representing a variety of viewpoints will respond, followed by a discussion open to the audience.
- Dr Greg Adamson (IEEE SSIT): Introduction\n- Dr Kevin Korb (Monash): An Overview of DTCA
- Dr Carlo Kopp (Monash): An Overview of DSGL
- Kris Browne (Dept. of Industry): The Chief Scientist’s Steering Group\n- Tina Mathewson (Defence Export Controls Organisation): DTCA 2012 & 2015
- Dr Kevin Korb (Monash): Response to DTCB (Senate submission)
- Simon Wolfe (Blueprint for Free Speech): Response to DTCB (Senate submission)
- Panel Discussion & Audience Participation